Albergo Diffuso Polcenigo Srl

Palazzo Lacchin


Palazzo Lacchin is an historical edifice located in the medieval heart of Polcenigo, surrounded by lush greenery, hills and brushed by the crystal clear waters of the Rio Gorgazzetto Brook.
The precise date of construction is unknown, nevertheless this beautiful palace is already mentioned in the Napoleonic General Land Register of 1809 as "inhabited house with a small rented shop". In the landscape painted in 1854 by the engineer Pietro Quaia, the façade of the building is clearly visible and what strikes the most is the perfect match with the current look of the façade. Indeed, this building underwent structural changes at the beginning of the 20th century only, with the main body raised up and used as an inn.
Just a few steps away, in the main square, there is: the hotel reception, two typical local restaurants, a café, an ice-cream shop, a bakery, a small grocery shop, a newsagent, the "Museo di Arte Cucinaria" culinary art museum and a cinema/theatre. The town centre of Polcenigo is renowned for its three churches, the ancient Franciscan monastery, the historical buildings, the characteristic Italian garden designed by the engineer Pietro Quaglia after 1861, and the "castle" which is actually a villa on top of the hill and is the ancient abode of the Counts of Polcenigo.